Friday, September 6, 2013

Of Dolls & Cradles

'Memories are strange things', she said, looking at the picture of her little daughter. The sepia toned photo had little Lily cutely holding a doll in one hand and trying to push cradle with the other. 'No matter how good or bad they are, they often tear you heart', she said as looked tearfully at her daughter. Lily, now a mother herself, pressed her mother's arm gently and comforted her with a warm hug. 'Those wonderful years won't ever return! It feels awful to know that you can never go back to those days, no matter how much you want to. I wish I could go back and see all those moments when you were my little doll, playing around with dolls and prams. I wish to go back and capture those innocent smiles, questions and gestures that melted my heart. I wish to spend all my time just absorbing your innocence, which perhaps I could not, being busy with my work. I wish to be a young mother again, spending every minute just knowing that you are the most wonderful creation I will ever touch, hold, see, feel and know in my life! But my dear, that's what memories do. They tear your heart. Did I say, memories are strange things'.

No comments: